Join athletes from around the country for a weekend of training for the Intermedix IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta from August 8th – 10th.
The TriCoachGeorgia.com Augusta half iron training camp is an intensive on-course training weekend. TriCoachGeorgia coaches, all of whom are familiar with the course, will be providing tips, insights, local knowledge and on course training advice to prepare you for the weekend camp as well as focus your race prep to specific nuances of racing this course. Peak Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance Lab and their Physical Therapists will also provide lectures on topics ranging from lab testing for metabolic efficiency, VO2 max and lactate testing, to injury prevention and rehabilitation.
The camp will begin with an optional pre-camp training session on Friday at 3 pm with a river swim, a ride and/or a run – specific details will be finalized soon.
The official camp will begin at Peak Rehabilitation and Performance Saturday morning, August 9that 7:30 am with a light breakfast and some short lectures on course tips, tricks and local knowledge of the race venue as well as for venues similar to the terrain of Augusta. Participants will then move to the half iron T1/T2 area and begin with a kayak/canoe supported river swim followed by a run on the actual course. There will be an optional river recovery swim after everyone completes the run portion. Saturday evening will include a social hour and dinner. On Sunday, August 10th the bike ride portion of the 70.3 course will take place and the camp officially ends at the conclusion of the bike ride. Learn more at www.tricoachgeorgia.com and register here.
- This day is an OPTIONAL, self-supported training day. Pair up with some new friends and get some training in!
- WHAT: Camp Registration followed by lectures on training, race prep, course tips, nutrition, lab testing, injury prevention and rehab. In addition to course prep talks from TriCoachGeorgia.com coaches, we’ll have representatives from All3Sports, Peak Performance and the Augusta Sports Council on hand to speak with camp attendees and answer questions. We will also be distributing participant swag bags and raffle tickets for a variety of giveaways throughout the weekend.
- WHEN: 7:30 am
- WHERE: Peak Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance Center.
1305 D’Antignac St, Augusta, GA 30901
- FOOD:A light breakfast (bagels, fruit, juice, coffee) will be provided
- PARKING: At the Peak Performance Lab, located 2.4 miles from the Augusta Boathouse transition area.
OPEN WATER SWIM:
- Savannah River swim
WHAT: Kayak/canoe-supported swim on race’s actual swim course
WHEN: Following morning lectures.
WHERE: Augusta Boathouse
101 Riverfront Drive Augusta, GA 30901
After the swim, we will organize groups runs of the race’s actual run course. It will be HOT. Water will be supplied for all runners. We also hope to have other hydration choices. If you have a specific beverage of choice, plan to bring your own hydration.
RUN COURSE PREVIEW:
- WHAT: Run workouts (1 loop or 2 loops) with 3 pace groups led by TriCoachGeorgia.com coaches and TriAugusta Triathlon Club members.
- PACE GROUPS:
2:45-3:00+ (12-15 min/mile+)
2:30 (11 min/mile)
2:00 (9 min/mile)
- WHEN: 11 am start after swim
- WHERE: Augusta Boathouse Transition area
101 Riverfront Drive
DINNER/SOCIAL MEET & GREET
(If you have selected to join the group for dinner/drinks.)
- WHAT: Dinner with TriCoachGeorgia coaches and TriAugusta team members.
- WHEN: 6:00 PM
- WHERE: TBD
- DETAILS: We will have a private room with a fixed-price menu.
BIKE COURSE PREVIEW RIDE (SAG provided by All3Sports) with RIDE FOR A REASON
- WHAT: We’ll have several different Pace Groups and 2 ride-length options (63 miles and 28 miles). Since we are staring at Fat Man’s Cafe, there is a few miles of additional riding.
- PACE GROUPS: Led by TriCoachGeorgia.com coaches and TriAugusta Triathlon Club members.
- FULL-COURSE options:
15-16 mph or below (3:30 +)
17-18 mph (3:15 – 3:30)
19-20 mph. + (2:45 – 3:00)
- 28-MILE option (We will have a TriCoachGeorgia coach or a local TriAugusta Triathlon Club member available to help lead this shorter route at whatever pace you want. There will only be ONE group for this option.)
- WHEN: 7:30 am start
- WHERE: Fat Man’s Cafe at Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene Street, Augusta GA 30901
*NOTE: The ride will be supported by an All3Sports van, staffed by store employees. We are grateful to have them along!