IRONMAN CHATTANOOGA TRAINING CAMP WEEKEND DETAILS
Click this LINK to visit the Facebook page with camp details etc.
FRIDAY: This day is an OPTIONAL, self-supported training day. Pair up with some new friends and get some training in! See FB link above to introduce yourselves to others who are coming out for the weekend.
Chattanooga Open Water Swim Association hosts the U.S. Masters Swimming 2.4 Mile Open Water National Championship
- WHAT: Open Water Swim event
- WHEN: 9 am check-in. Swim heats start at 11 am
- WHERE: Tenneesee River Downtown Chattanooga Waterfront at Coolidge Park – 150 River St Chattanooga, TN 36405 USA
- WHAT: Preview of the run course following Open Water Swim event. We will have nutrition/fueling samples from UCan and possibly other companies for campers to test.
- WHEN: 3 pm (shortly after the swim awards)
- WHERE: Meet at grassy area in front of Cold Stone Creamery 100 Chestnut St, Chattanooga, TN
GROUP SOCIAL & DINNER:
- WHAT: Group social and dinner
- WHEN: 6:30
- WHERE: Big River Grille Downtown – 222 Broad Street Chattanooga, TN Phone: 423-267-2739.
LECTURES and BIKE COURSE PREVIEW RIDE: (ride SAG provided by All3Sports.com)
- WHAT: IM Chattanooga-specific racing/training information from TriCoachGeorgia.com and other Southeast U.S.-area coaches
- WHEN: 8 am – lectures (parking lot TBD).
9 am – group ride (options of one or two loops with multiple group leaders of various paces).
- WHAT: We are planning to have 3 different Pace Groups and 2 primary ride-length options (67 miles and 112 miles. There is also an 22-mile out/back option). See map link here and here. We are planning to have water placed at the Hog Jowl turn (approx. Mile 40), but to be sure, plan on self-supporting your ride.
- PACE GROUPS: Led by TriCoachGeorgia.com coaches and other local riders/coaches.
- WHERE: Bi-Lo parking lot. 3801 Tennessee Ave, Chattanooga, TN
POST-RIDE BRICK RUN: (swag provided by TriSports.com)
- WHAT: After the ride, we will have an optional self-supported brick run. It will be HOT. Dasani water will be supplied for all runners. If you have a specific beverage of choice, plan to bring your own hydration.