If you are new to endurance sports, want to take your racing & training to the next level, or want to move from short course to long course triathlon, where do you start? How do you set realistic goals and map out a plan to get there?
As Coaches who understand what it means to go from couch potato to competitive Age Groupers, we help endurance athletes balance training with family and work commitments. Our coaches value “bottom up training” and quality over quantity. We can help adults of all levels and abilities map out smart, strategic plans to get you to your priority races strong and healthy. Our coaches care – we are available, involved and celebrate your achievements.
Whether you are a short course or long course triathlete, medium distance (5k, 10k), long distance (half marathon or marathon) or ultra runner, we can help you achieve your performance goals. Need help with nutrition? Need to build strength and endurance? We assess your past performances, current fitness level and future goals to help you build a plan of attack.
Coaches come in all shapes, sizes and temperaments and it is vital to find a coach that meshes with your personality and particular style of training. Here’s what we are striving for as coaches:
- Someone who can help athletes balance training with family and work commitments.
- Someone who understands what it means to go from couch potato to competitive Age Grouper.
- Someone who values “bottom up training” then shifts to more quality over quantity.
- Someone who can help map out a smart, strategic plan to get athletes to A races strong and healthy.
- Someone who has many years of life experience, have been coached ourselves, have solid short and long course racing experience, and someone who is developing a track record with a variety of age groupers.
- Someone with good running, cycling, and swimming knowledge.
- Someone who is not a “dictator”. We are very flexible interpersonally and good communicators. We are not a “do it because I said so” kind of coaches.
- Someone who cares. We are available and involved. We celebrate your achievements.
- Someone who will provide value for the dollar but may not be “cheap”.
- Someone who’s going to manage “the big picture” (macro) for the athlete, but can also help with details and microanalysis.
- Someone who believes in consistency via injury prevention and appropriate programming.
- Someone who is giving back to the community.
Meet the Coaches
Harvey is a USA Triathlon Level 2 certified endurance coach, Slow Twitch certified, a Road Runners Club of America Certified Coach, and a USA Triathlon Youth & Junior certified coach.
Brian is a USA Triathlon Level 1 certified coach, a League of American Bicyclists Instructor, and a Road Runners Club of America Certified Coach. Brian has been involved in the sport of triathlon for four years and has completed sprint, Olympic and half iron distance races.
Coach Long Man
If you are looking for a highly experienced endurance athlete/mentor/coach with a focus on triathlon as a healthy, long-term life style, then Coach Long Man, aka Karl Langenbach, is likely right for you.
TaxSlayer is a total team player, is passionate about the multisport lifestyle, and committed to TriCoachGeorgia. “Tax” has helped many athletes even before his coaching training. He was formerly obese, and has learned to manage his weight well.
Coach Godfather is a USAT Certified Level 1 coach with a passion for motor cycle racing & technology. He likes to keep training and racing as fun as possible, and get you across the finish line healthy. He loves helping others do things they didn’t think they could.
Dr. Dick Thompson
Dick enjoys coaching athletes who want to improve their performance, giving clinics and working with beginners to Ironman World Champions. He designs his approach to best suit the athlete’s personal needs, goals, strengths and opportunities.
Jared, a Physiotherapist from Noosa, Australia coaches professionals and amateurs who are genuinely motivated to reach their own lofty goals – whether it be simply finishing a certain event or qualifying for and competing in their own age-group World Championships.
Coach Heavy Mettle
Naomi is a a USAT Level 1 Certified Coach who understands the importance of balancing family, work, and the love for the sport and life. From Tracktown USA she has coached complete novices, highly accomplished age group athletes, and everything in between.
Coach Angel K
Kara is a USAT Certified Level 1 Triathlon coach based in Columbus GA. She was lured into triathlon as a way to get fit after the birth of her second child. A fanatic consumer of triathlon and nutrition research, she combines real-world proven workout plans with cutting edge info.
Coach Angel C
Christy is a USAT Certified Level 1 Triathlon coach and an Ironman All World Athlete with countless Sprint/Olympic-distance races under her belt. She is highly organized, structured and motivated not only as an athlete, but also as a coach.
Eman understands what it takes to be competitive and push that extra mile to reach a goal – whether those goals are to set a new PR, get on the podium, or just finish a race for the first time – without losing the love of the sport.
Caitlin is an Olympic Trial Qualifying swimmer and performs individual sessions with aspiring swimmers to help them perfect their technique while also educating them on the necessary rehab exercises to prevent injury from the excessive and exhausting training.